In everyday life we may come across several instances where radiation is used. For example, in the medical industry x-ray imaging helps identify broken bones and perform other diagnostic tests. The radiation is useful but overexposure is a serious health risk. To avoid overexposure to radiation, radiation scattering equipment is shielded with lead.
Medi-Ray is the industry leader in the manufacture of radiation shielding products. Radiation shielding products manufactured by Medi-Ray include lead plates, lead bricks, sheet lead, lead glass, lead wool, syringe shields, x-ray shields, nuclear medicine accessories, lead castings, lead containers for shipping and many more.
Where are radiation shielding products used?
- Medical industry: x-ray equipment, thyroid equipment etc.
- In airport detection devices
- In defense industry
- In submarines
- Nuclear power industries
Why is lead used as a radiation shielding product?
- Lead is fairly inexpensive
- Can be easily bent and manipulated
- It is corrosion resistant
- Lead is extremely versatile, malleable and easy to work with
- It can be shaped in any to fit the rooms , equipment and even deep corners
- Due to its high atomic number, lead can efficiently resist harmful radiation
- Lead is highly stable metal
If you are looking for radiation shielding products in the USA, contact Medi-RayTM. Medi-RayTM is a certified ISO 9001:2008 company. This globally recognized standard of management excellence shows Medi-RayTM‘s dedication to quality assurance and control. Medi-RayTM provides customers with over 35 years of metallurgy expertise to provide custom and precision lead products produced by proprietary equipment. Medi-RayTM is the first Heavy Metal Company (lead) nominated by the US Federal EPA to receive an award for “Most Hygienic Lead Fabricator” as a result of their health, safety and environmental programs.
Call at 877-898-3003 for more information about the products supplied by Medi-Ray.