A variety of lead like sheets, such as, lead plates, lead bricks, lead containers, lead glass and lead wool are used for radiation shielding. These products are manufactured by Medi-Ray™ Inc.
In everyday life we may come across several instances where radiation is used. For example, in the medical industry x-ray imaging helps identify broken bones and perform other diagnostic tests. The radiation is useful but overexposure is a serious health risk. To avoid overexposure to radiation, radiation scattering equipment is shielded with lead.
Medi-Ray is the industry leader in the manufacture of radiation shielding products. Radiation shielding products manufactured by Medi-Ray include lead plates, lead bricks, sheet lead, lead glass, lead wool, syringe shields, x-ray shields, nuclear medicine accessories, lead castings, lead containers for shipping and many more.
Where are radiation shielding products used?
- Medical industry: x-ray equipment, thyroid equipment etc.
- In airport detection devices
- In defense industry
- In submarines
- Nuclear power industries
Why is lead used as a radiation shielding product?
- Lead is fairly inexpensive
- Can be easily bent and manipulated
- It is corrosion resistant
- Lead is extremely versatile, malleable and easy to work with
- It can be shaped in any to fit the rooms , equipment and even deep corners
- Due to its high atomic number, lead can efficiently resist harmful radiation
- Lead is highly stable metal
If you are looking for radiation shielding products in the USA, contact Medi-RayTM. Medi-RayTM is a certified ISO 9001:2008 company. This globally recognized standard of management excellence shows Medi-RayTM‘s dedication to quality assurance and control. Medi-RayTM provides customers with over 35 years of metallurgy expertise to provide custom and precision lead products produced by proprietary equipment. Medi-RayTM is the first Heavy Metal Company (lead) nominated by the US Federal EPA to receive an award for “Most Hygienic Lead Fabricator” as a result of their health, safety and environmental programs.
Call at 877-898-3003 for more information about the products supplied by Medi-Ray.
Lead lined products and rooms have great importance throughout the world today. Lead linings are used in many different types of facilities worldwide. Examples of such places include hospitals and medical clinics, where lead products are used to provide medical radiation shielding. Lead lined products are also often used in the construction industry, to provide defense and protection to people and their surrounding environment against harmful rays. The importance of lead lined products is steadily growing all over the world, as protection from radiation in any situation, is crucial.
Radiation protection is of utmost importance in regard to lead products. Therefore, it must be taken very seriously. From medical to industrial situations, there is a dire need for the application of lead lined products in radiation shielding. Radiation, whether we like it or not, holds great necessity in our modern world. Without radiation and advanced in technology, industries such as healthcare, construction, and defense would be stuck in the past. These advances create the importance for radiation protection, as it creates a safe environment for individuals working around radiation sources. Unprotected exposure to radiation can cause damaging and irreversible changes to the body. Overexposure to high levels of radiation increases the likelihood of contracting many types of tumors and cancers, as well as radiation sickness, and severe skin burns. These circumstances create the need and high demand for lead lined products.
Lead lined products hold great importance in a wide variety of industries and settings:
- Lead building products are often used throughout the construction industry. This includes decorative lead fixings, lead pipe shielding, and lead sheets. With advances in technology, solutions can be made to correct any issues involving radiation. Lead is also a highly economical material, which creates long lasting, corrosion resistant results.
- Lead products used for radiation shielding can keep healthcare workers and their patients safe from harmful rays. This includes anyone working in the Veterinary, Dental, and Medical fields.
- The need for lead shielding in nuclear power facilities is intense. Powerful gamma and neutron radiation can be extremely harmful if not contained. This includes protecting the surrounding environment, as well as any transportation needed to move radioactive materials.
- Lead shielding is also important to the Defense industry. Radiation shielding for defense purposes must be extremely strong, due to their long periods of time submerged in water. Lead products used within the defense industry may include lead shielding, lead wool, and lead bricks.
Here at Medi-RayTM we make it our highest priority to provide people all over the world with the highest quality lead materials for needs in any situation. Contact us today for more information on our top of the line products.